Friday, April 24, 2015

Protein-Packed Jell-O Fluff

Oh my goodness - I have a yummy new recipe to share with you today!! :)

I have been keeping track of my macros lately and it seems like I am ALWAYS short on protein. (You can only eat so many chicken breasts and protein shakes, right?) So a friend of mine told me about this yummy protein Jell-O. It's basically like a Jell-O salad but made with greek yogurt instead of whip cream. Delish!


Ingredients:
1 cup set sugar-free Jell-O, any flavor (I used strawberry)
1 container (6-8 oz) plain greek yogurt (I guess you could use flavored, but I'm going for no extra sugars here)

Directions:
Make Jell-O ahead of time according to directions on box. When set, measure out 1 cup and add it to a blender along with one package of plain greek yogurt. Blend until smooth. Refrigerate or freeze until thickened. Maybe 15-30 minutes? 

Calories: 110  Protein: 17g  Carb: 7  Fat: 0

This makes one serving, but I warn you - it is a TON!! Next time I might split it up between 2 snacks. haha
For my fix lovers - I'm not sure sugar-free Jell-O is approved, but I think it's close enough to count as 1 RED serving. ;) 

You seriously can't beat that for a low-carb, high-protein dessert or an evening snack, right?

8 comments:

Katie Young said...

We made it with lemon jello and you might want to add all the jello so there is a flavor. If I make this again I will try another flavor or brand of yogurt.

Katie Young said...

We made it with lemon jello and you might want to add all the jello so there is a flavor. If I make this again I will try another flavor or brand of yogurt.

Anonymous said...

so you blend already-made FULLY-set jell-o with yogurt?!

Beth said...

Yes! :)

SarahJean said...

So for keep couldn't you blend the jello packet with heavy whipping cream?

SarahJean said...

Meant keto

Unknown said...

sounds easy, i will try.

Anonymous said...

Another quick snack is ready set jello with a scoop of cottage cheese! It sounds weird, but very good.