Friday, February 14, 2014

Fuel Your Body Friday - 21 Day Fix Approved Foods

As most of you know already, I have been doing the 21 Day Fix, and I am LOVING it so far!!

I will give more details about the program and how I'm doing with it next week, but right now I wanted to share a couple of delicious recipes that I have made.

The first is just a simple protein shake that I have had for breakfast the past 2 days and it was soooo yummy I just had to post it!!

 
Here is the recipe:
 
1 cup COLD water
1 1/2 scoops vanilla protein powder
1 cup frozen mixed berries
 
Blend all together and eat with a spoon!  (It's like soft-serve - yum!)
 
*For those of you doing the 21 Day Fix, that is 1 RED container, and 1 PURPLE container
 
 
The next great recipe I discovered is a dressing that I made last night.  It comes out of the 21 Day Fix eating plan, and it was super tangy and delicious!

 
Dijon Vinaigrette
from the 21 day fix eating plan
 
(Makes 8 servings, about 6 tsp each)
 

3 TBS red wine vinegar
3 TBS fresh lemon juice
3 TBS Dijon mustard
2 cloves garlic, minced (I left this out)
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
6 TBS extra virgin olive oil
 
Combine all ingredients except olive oil in a medium bowl; whisk to blend.
 
Slowly add oil while whisking; mix well.
 
*Store leftover dressing in a covered container in the refrigerator.  This dressing is also great over sauteed veggies or steamed fish!

 
Here is my yummy dinner last night.  Chicken = 1 red container, lettuce & carrots = 2 green containers, dressing = 1 orange container
 
Now for my new FAVORITE lunch....
Tuna Salad made with avocado instead of mayo!  Super clean, 21 day fix approved, and DELICIOUS!  Yum! 
 
Clean Tuna Salad
1/2 can tuna
1/2 avocado
3 cherry tomatoes, diced
lime
sea salt
green leaf lettuce
1/2 whole wheat pita
 
Mix tuna and avocado together, add in tomatoes, squirt of lime juice, and a little sprinkle of sea salt.  Stuff it all into 1/2 pita with 1 or 2 leaves of lettuce.  (Serve with a few more veggies to fill up the green container.)
 
Tuna = red container (It actually fits the entire can of tuna, but I can't eat that much, so I split it in half.)
Avocado = blue container
1/2 whole wheat pita = yellow container
lettuce and tomatoes = green container (You should add extra veggies to fill up the rest of the way.) 
 
I am LOVING that I get to eat avocados with the Fix!!  They are my favorite!  I have another recipe I will be posting soon that uses avocado.  I seriously don't miss mayo AT ALL! :)
 
 
Oh, and just a little side note.... I have lost 2.5 lbs already in my first 2 days of the 21 day fix!!  (I know most of it was just from getting all the junk out of my system and drinking TONS of water.)  Loving this so far! :)
 
 
 
If you have any questions, please feel free to comment or email me.  coachbethclark@outlook.com
And PLEASE come visit and LIKE my page on Facebook!! https://www.facebook.com/BodyRemodel?ref=hl#!/BodyRemodel
 
 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI, Can you tell me the containers that get used for this meal? I'm so new to the program that I am getting bogged down trying to figure out the containers.

Beth said...

Which meal are you trying to figure out? Most of the recipes have the containers listed already.

Unknown said...

Hi!
I just started 21 day fix and I love your recipes and food ideas. Please keep posting your ideas. I am also getting bogged down with the containers and trying to figure them out. Your posted recipes are really helpful. As a mom of 4 kids ages 9,8,5,and 3 I am having a really hard time trying to concentrate on this. You are really helping. Thank you,
Lynn

Unknown said...

What protein powder do you use?

Unknown said...

What protein powder do you use?

Beth said...

Kelly - I really like the Six Star Whey Protein from Muscletech. I buy it at Walmart. There are better protein powders out there, but this is pretty low in carbs and with how fast I go through it, I like to keep the cost fairly low. ;)