Friday, April 12, 2013

Body Beast Update - Week 6!

I can't believe I am finishing up week 6 of Body Beast already!  I am halfway through the program!

We always want to see results yesterday.  I know I do - it's hard to be patient!  It's also hard to step on the scale and not see it going down.  I kept telling myself that I was building muscle, so the scale probably wouldn't change - but it's still frustrating.

 
I am so much stronger than I was a month ago, I have gone up on all my weights, my form is good, and I can feel my biceps!  I have more core strength too, so my posture is better.
 
I have only lost 2.5 lbs., which is okay because I have also lost 3 inches all over.  I am totally fine with these results so far, because I know that I see my biggest changes start around 60 days, and I still have another 30 days after that.  Nope - not worried. :) 


I know that these programs work, and like Tony Horton says, you need to just put your head down, push play, work hard and in 90 days when you look up, you will be amazed at the results.  I know that it also depends on where you're at with your weight.  For instance, I've seen a few girls doing Body Beast that are very skinny to begin with.  They want to add muscle and shape to their bodies, and are seeing results very quickly, like in the first couple weeks!  That's so great! 

I however, have a lot of fat to lose, so even though I have been building muscle, now I need to start burning some of the fat so I can see it. :)

To do that, I needed to add in some extra cardio.  So this is what my schedule looks like:
Monday: Bulk Chest, walk/jog 30 min.
Tuesday:  Bulk Legs  (no cardio - legs need to recover!)
Wednesday:  Bulk Arms, walk/jog 30 min.
Thursday: Cardio, abs
Friday:  Bulk Back, walk/jog 30 min.
Saturday:  Bulk Shoulders, HIIT cardio, abs
 
I've been doing my 2nd workout directly after Body Beast, so I try to keep it short.  Depending on the results I see in the next 2 weeks, I will either keep it somewhat similar or add intensity or even another cardio workout for the last 4 weeks.
 
 
I have also been drinking my Shakeology every day, which totally helps me with my cravings so I can eat clean!  I am also drinking 2 liters of water every day.
 
Consistency is the key - keep at it and results will come!!
 

No comments: