Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Tuna & Brown Rice Casserole

Okay, just a quick post to share with you my favorite go-to clean recipe when I am craving "comfort food".

This isn't really a casserole.  There's no baking, and there really isn't even a recipe - but it tastes just like tuna casserole.  Super yummy! :)


Ingredients:
1/2 cup brown rice, cooked
1/2 can tuna
1 TBS Mayo (I use the kind with olive oil)
celery, sliced, optional

Directions:
Well, just combine everything together and enjoy!  I make a big batch of brown rice, and store it in the refrigerator.  And I save the other half can of tuna also, so I can make it the next day.  I really like it warm, so I just throw it all in the microwave for a few seconds if it's been in the refrigerator.

*Update 2/25/15* - I tried a new variation of this today. Same amount of tuna and brown rice, but add in 1/2 of an avocado instead of the mayo. Soooo yummy! My new favorite lunch! :)

That's it - enjoy!

No comments: