I am seriously IN LOVE with this program!! If you liked Insanity - you will LOVE Max:30. If you never tried Insanity because it looked really scary - you will LOVE Max:30. It is SO FUN you guys!
I have been following the modifier for this round, and let me tell you why I would totally recommend this program.
1) It's not soooo hard that I dread doing it every day, but I still get a totally awesome workout. I think if they didn't have a modifier, this program would end up frustrating me because it's so hard. I thought following the modifier would be too easy though. It's not. If you go fast enough & keep proper form you WILL Max Out with the modifier. It's easy enough to be doable, but still hard enough that I can work on improving from workout to workout. (I burn 400 calories every time and I am definitely sore the next day!)
2) You can do Max:30 over and over and never outgrow it. I am going to be able to do this program for a loooong time. It will never get too easy for me. If you go as hard as you can - you will ALWAYS Max Out. I can't wait to be able to keep up with Shaun T!!
3) It's FUN! Yes it's tough. Yes you will sweat like crazy. But I really enjoy it. :) I actually look forward to doing it every day. Shaun T is an amazing trainer and motivator. He pushes you to do the best that YOU can, not try to keep up with anyone else. It's also fun to see how much stronger you get from one workout to the next.
4) It's short. It's only 30 minutes out of your day, you can handle that I promise. I burn 400 calories in 30 minutes just by following the modifier. Imagine how many you could burn if you went all out. ;)
5) It works. I've only been doing it for 1 week, but I've already lost 3 lbs and 2 inches. I have also seen amazing results from fellow coaches who have completed the program. I am seriously excited to see my results after this first round is over.
Okay, so there you have it. The reasons that I am loving this program so far. My plan is to go through it once with the modifier and then try to keep up with Shaun T and the rest of the group on the next round.
The nutrition plan for Max:30 uses the containers from the 21 Day Fix. It is very simple to follow & has some good recipes that I will share with you soon.
This was my menu for week 1:
Now I will break down each workout individually. There are a couple I still haven't tried yet. (Tabata Strength doesn't come up in the schedule until week 3.)
Day 1: Cardio Challenge
This workout reminded me a lot of T25, but with different moves. Burpees, plank work - like in and out abs, and lots of tuck jumps. (This is why I like following the modifier.) haha
Definitely a cardio workout though - I was winded! You think the modifier would be so easy, but she moves FAST! I could hardly keep up. I Maxed Out at 14:25 in week one but went another 4 minutes today! Woo Hoo!
Day 2: Tabata Power
This is the workout that you do twice a week the first 2 weeks and then you switch out for Tabata Strength the next 2 weeks.
If you have ever done a Tabata workout you know that it is 20 seconds of hard work followed by 10 seconds of rest. The rest in this workout is jogging in place - so not really 'rest' but it sure feels like it! I loved it though, because every time I thought I couldn't go any longer - we would get a little break. That saved me! haha
Tons of push ups, tricep dips, and ab work in this one! My heart rate didn't get as high, but I still burned 300 calories and Maxed Out at 24:15 the first time. The second time I barely made it to 24:20! I had the first number in my head and just hung on until I passed it. Those tricep dips get me every time!
This workout was a serious SWEAT PARTY! It was so fun though - I don't know why. (I'm a sucker for punishment.) haha
It's crazy how these workouts work your core so much and you don't even know it. That's Shaun T's thing though - "USE YOUR CORE!" Am I right? This workout has a lot of squatting, lunging, jumping, and more plank work. The moves were all really unique though & I liked that. Different ways to work your body. Always good. :)
Day 4: Tabata Power
This was the repeater workout. See above for description.
Ohhhh this workout - I had heard some scary things about it and they're all true! haha
This one was tough! I don't know if it was because the first water break was halfway through, or because my body was just exhausted from doing this program all week, but I maxed out like 8 minutes in!! haha It was awesome!
Funny story: My husband is doing this program too, but he is a day behind me because of his work schedule. Every night when he gets home from work he asks me how the workout was for that day. I told him that this one was TOUGH! So the next morning he gets up to do the Friday Fight & sees my Max Out time. He thinks, "Oh 8:50! I can totally beat that!" (We have a little competition with our times - I always beat him. haha) So he starts the workout....and maxes out at 8:36! hahaha (He is doing the modifier too, by the way - otherwise we would never be able to compete.)
This workout is a combination of all the moves that we've been doing all week, but with almost NO breaks! I'm thinking it's so tough because then Shaun T gives you 2 days to recover!
So that's it so far!! Week one DOWN! Have I already told you how much I'm LOVING this program? Seriously, if you want to work out at home, THIS is the program you should be doing!
Have I convinced you yet? haha I would really LOVE to have you all join me doing this program. After this round I'm going to be doing another one too - so get yours already!! :) The challenge packs are on SALE the entire month of January.
Also, if you have any questions about this program or any other one, I am more than happy to answer them for you. Thanks for stopping by!