Friday, August 30, 2013

Fuel Your Body Friday - Stuffed Avocados

 
I saw this recipe on Muscle & Fitness Hers, and it looks soooo good!  I love avocados!  I think I would leave out the orange slices, though - I have a thing about fruit and veggies together - ugh!  I can't do the strawberries in a salad either.  I know - I'm weird like that. :)
 
Ingredients:
1 medium avocado
3 oz can tuna, drained
1/4 cup each - green pepper, red onion and cucumber, diced
1/3 cup nonfat greek yogurt, plain
1 tsp dijon mustard
1 tsp lemon juice
1/4 tsp sea salt
1 pkt Truvia sweetener
1/4 cup fresh orange sections, diced
 
Directions:
Slice avocado in half lengthwise, remove pit.  Scoop out the center, leaving 1/4 inch of avocado all around.  Put scooped out avocado into a bowl, add all ingredients except orange sections.  Mix all ingredients until well blended.  Carefully stir in oranges.  Scoop half the mix into each avocado.
 
Put in refrigerator for 10 minutes to chill slightly. 
 
Easy to grab and go!  Yummy!
 
 
(This has a lot of calories - about 470, so I would maybe only eat 1/2 at a time.)

No comments: