Monday, January 6, 2014

P90X3 - Total Synergistics Review

Day 1 of P90X3 is in the bag!  I am doing the classic schedule, and today was Total Synergistics.  Holy cow that workout was hard!  And not hard like Insanity, dying-to-catch-your-breath-laying-on-the-floor-drenched-in-sweat type hard.  This was like, trying-to-figure-out-what-the-heck-I'm-doing-my-body-can't-do-that type hard.

Some of the exercises like the "crawly plyo push-ups" and the "chin-up circle crunch" took me a few tries to figure out the modified version, since there was no way I could do the regular one.  I have like zero upper body strength. It's sad, really. 

Overall though, I really like this workout.  I could tell that my core was really getting worked, which is so great.  There were also quite a few one-legged balance moves, and some upper body weight-lifting exercises.  The only time I really felt my heart-rate pick up was during the "3 hop press"  where you do 3 hop squats into a shouler press with one-leg raised.

Since there was such a learning curve with this workout, I'm not really sure how much I actually got out of it today.  It will be great when I can see some improvement in this one.  I WILL beat you Total Synergistics!! 

 
Also, here is my meal plan for this week.  I tend to eat the same things most of the day, and only really change my dinners up.  I am pretty boring, but if you need ideas, this might just help you. :)

Beth's meal plan for 1/6 - 1/12

1 comment:

Bagels Recipes said...

Lovely bloog you have here